Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Purchased from: Local music store

I run an Epiphone SG 350 with Gibson Classic '57s through a Peavey Transtube 212 EFX. The pickups in my guitar are not high output, but with this pedal it doesn't matter. I get all the crunch I need through this pedal. It can get really noisy, especially if you use an adapter (because it eats batteries like a fat kid eats cake)due to the fact that some outlets give a horrible electrical current. I normally run a DigiTech RP 80 after my Metal Master for tuning and noise reduction. It also doesn't Hurt to run something like a Boss noise suppressor. If your volume is low this isn't really a problem though. I can play anything from Metallica to Trivium to Bullet For My Valentine, etc, with this pedal. It's a great deal.

I play everything from clean/blues to heavy metal and this pedal covers all of my heavier music for sure. If I lost it I would definitely get one again. I really just love the sound overall and how easy it is to use and dial in to the sound you want. I like this pedal a lot more than the 2 Boss pedals because this pedal can mimic those already so it gives you a much broader range of sound. I do agree with some other reviewers, I wish it had an independent mid control on top of the morph. Overall a great pedal for any heavy player.

This is definitely a sturdy pedal. It feels like a brick when you Pick it up. The weight is something that doesn't really matter to me and if anything makes me feels better about it's durablity. The only thing I don't like is that it's activation system is a little arm coming from the stomp pad and it hits a very small pressure point inside the pedal. I haven't had this thing break but the pedal stopped working for a long time when the pressure point got nocked out of line with the pushing arm.

This pedal is amazingly simple. I've been playing guitar for about 4 years and this pedal is awesome. I bought it used so it didn't come with the manual, but you don't need it. There are 4 knobs; level, low, high, and morph. The eq is simple and it's easy to hear how it affects the sound of the pedal. The morph knob is basically and beefed up mid control. At 5 o'clock it gives a nice mid-range distortion good for hard rock, etc. As you roll to the left it gives you a more mid-cut distortion and to the right it kicks up the intensity of the distortion for an over-the-top sound.