Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Price paid: € 30

Purchased from: Huuto.net

While the Metal Master might not be suitable for the heaviest metal music, it gives some nice tones. I like the morph knob, you can really change the sound quite a bit with that. I haven't detected much noise either. This pedal works nicely with rock and other lighter music.

I play mostly modern doom and death metal, which this pedal does not suit too well. However, it fits much better with 70's and 80's lighter rock, as well as Black Sabbath, Candlemass and similar. The Metal Master is quite versatile, but Boss' MT-2 remains my favorite pedal.

Like you'd expect, it's Solid Metal and looks very durable. DigiTech, to me, is not as familiar as Boss, but the build quality would seem the same. I haven't used their pedals for years though, so who knows. Still, it should last live playing just well, even without a backup.

Having already previously bought the Death Metal pedal from DigiTech, I got my Metal Master from an internet auction because I like to try different pedals, especially if they're advertised to be suitable for metal. I was happy to find out it's quite easy to get a good sound with this pedal.