Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

I play an Ibanez RG350DX into a Fender frontman 212r (yea I know, frontman, but its got lots of volume). I play over the clean channel. It's a little noisy because I have a crap powersupply, but that can be fixed. The pedal gives a really nice distortion, from a mid boosted crunch, to total deathmetal "breakdown" I guess. I can get any thing from MCR to Suicide Silence out of this. The 2 band eq makes this thing pound lows and have soaring highs.

I play mainly metal, but anything rock, and it suits perfectly. If this were stolen or lost, I'd probably get this, rather than a Boss metal zone. The best feature, to me, is the 2 band eq because the pounding palm muting is awesome. You could compare it to the Boss metal zone or some DOD pedal, but this is deffinately more versitle.

Its made out of what appears to be a pretty rugged metal housing, I like it better than Boss housings. I have had no problems with it, and I have it second hand. Lots of grip on the bottom and stomp. I would use it at a gig without a backup almost for sure.

This pedal is really easy to use, with lows and highs dedicated. I care not for mids so that didn't really bother me. Better than having one tone knob. Besides that theres not really much, just level, for output level and "morph" which is kinda like a gain, or distortion model.