Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Metal Master - Heavy Metal Distortion

Price paid: € 50

Purchased from: Friend

I run it through the FX loop of my amp, an 40 watt dsp ashdown, and I use a PRS se paul allender guitar. The sound is pretty good, it is pure metal which is the reason I bought it since my amp had more of a rock Overdrive sound. It has plenty of gain but it could use some more. The morph switch basicly shapes the sound from a scooped mid garage old school thrash tone to a rich mid with plenty of bottom punch modern sound. The distortion is quite defined but it is noise and I would like to have a noise gate with it. It also has plenty of highs for solos. All in all I am quite pleased of the sound it is well defined and versatile.

I am very impressed with this pedal. I have been playing for 5 years and I researched the pedal before buying it. When I bought it I also bought a crybaby wah and DigiTech chorus which I am also pleased with. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again since the Metal shaman from Riviera has caught my attention due to its noise gate and booster but I would still recommended for players who want versatility for a good price.

This is a dependable pedal. I have had it for a year plus the time my friend had it which is probably much more. It is built in a Solid Metal casing and has a sturdy switch, the knobs are also quite solid. I don't know anything about battery life because I always power it with a cable that is built in my pedal case. I haven't gigged with it yet but I have no hesitation in taking it on stage, it has never given up on me despite heavy use of many continuous hours and since I don't worry about battery life of running out I see no problem, I wouldn't use a backup, not that I can afford one.

This pedal is very easy to use but it is also versatile and pretty cheap. It has 4 knobs, which include level control, a 2 band EQ for bass and high and a morph mod which basically controls the mids. It had no manual since it was second hand but there is no need for it. You can easily dial in the tone you want. Since when I bought it I already knew my tone it only took a couple of seconds.