RP10 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP10

Purchased from: Ebay

I use a Fender RAD amp, and a Strat. It is not noisy at all, surprising for how old it is. The effects are great. I really like the delay. There are 2, and 4 tap delays, which work great. It took awhile for me to get used to it, so I was without my favourite artists for awhile. Metallica, to Lynyrd Skynyrd, I can get all the sounds. One thing that really pisses me off, is there are only three types of distortion, but at least it is analog.

I play a lot of metal. I can get the right sounds that I want. I have been playing about 2 years. I own a Fender Strat, an Ovation Roundback, a classical (not sure of the brand), a quarter size classical, and a 3 quarter size steel string acoustic. I wish it had more types of distortion. If it were stolen/lost, I would go to my room and drink it off. I would have to buy something else, because I couldn't afford another one of these pedals. I compared this pedal with the RP7, Zoom G2.1U, and the DigiTech Artist Series. This one dominated the competition.

I sure as hell can depend on it. It is almost solid metal. Everything but the foot switches. I use it with a Zoom G2 pedal as my backup.

It is fairly easy to use. Setting up a brand new patch is a little difficult. With the program Rpedit, patches are easy to make, but since that doesn't come with the pedal it is not included in the rating. I didn't have a manual for it, but there is one on the internet. DigiTech made a second version of this pedal.

explorerdude
    for me this is great because it has this old school sound good for thrash and heavy metal that i mostly play. ( Im 15, not 50 and i like the "old" stuff)
    AJ6stringsting
    I own a Digitech RP-1 and 12. The earlier RP series multi-effects units have better tonal impact on my rig. But I think Digitech is getting back on the saddle again with the newer multi-effects floor processors of the 1990's. For a while, I thought they were losing it. Then again, if you know and experiment with any gear .... you can make a cheap set up sound great, if you know what you're doing in the experimental stage and know what you want.
    MagicFingersJCC
    you can get one for about fifty bucks and you'd by it if you want ****ing awesome old school sounds
    a7x2012
    i just bought one for 100 bucks to use at home with Logic and Impulse Responses, its OK, i dont absolutly love it, but it does the job for practice