RP100 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP100

Purchased from: Wizard Guitar in Doncaster

I am using a tanglewood setup with a Wild dog amp. I like to keep all the settings on 5 and I like to the let the processor do the work. I have found that you can make it noisy if you want it to be. There are 80 different sounds so there is a variety for everyone. You can set the effects up yourself so I would say that they are quite strong. My favourite artists are just those who play punk rock. I found it simple to find myself the sounds a wanted. They sound even better if you a small effect to them. I have just one complaint about the sounds. There are some that sound the same as another one with just a little tweak. However most of them sound quite astonishing really.

I play a lot of punk rock and I think it is a good match. actually I think it is a good match for any type of music really. I have been playing for nearly 3 years and I didn't really use effects boxes until about a year ago. I only wanted one so I could change from clean to distorted. I got a lot more when i got this one. I love some of the efeccts on it they sound cool. my worst bit of it is that the tuner is not that accurate, but hey you can't have everything. I choose this one mainly because my mate gave it to me when my old one packed up at a gig. I liked the sound so a went out and bought it. I don't wish it had anything else really becaus i can just get some more patches off the internet. Overall I thought this project is a great asset to my playing, it gives me a lot of inspiration.

I would certainly use this in a gig. In fact, I had to. My other effects box decided to pack in so my mate lent me this one. It was brilliant and made up for the other one totally. I wouldn't use this without a backup or anyone unless you had too. But I think it would pull through if it had too.

At first I found it to be quite hard to use. But once I had a quick skim through the easy to use manual I understood it alot. You can setup your own settings for it a it is very easy to store. To find patches it is simple, just go to the 'DigiTech' website (labelled very well on the box) there you will find waves of sounds and how to set them up on your effects processor. The manual is very easy to use it has to be the most simple but effective one yet. It takes you through a step by step guide from opening the box to downloading from the web.