RP100 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
DigiTech: RP100

Purchased from: mid wales music centre

CRAP it is totally CRAP. When you take it out of its box the factory settings it seems like the guys working at the DigiTech factory wore ear plugs when they created the sounds. What is the point of detuned effects anyway? They sound terrible. You can however create a wonderful sound once you know what all the controls are and you can start creating your own effects. At the moment, it sounds lovely when I play.

My advice is don't buy this pedal if you need an effects pedal straight away. It took me hours to get a decent sound from it, but once you get a decent sound, it is one of the best small effects pedals around. It has a built in guitar tuner, drum beats and there are 80 different effects that you can change to suit your style of play. It suits all styles, and if it doesn't you can make it - that's what I like about this effects pedal.

It randomly crashed once so I had to reset it to those horrible factory settings and then create all the effects all over again. Fortunately for me it crashed when I was at home practicing, not at a gig. God help me then.

It took me a while to get a nice sound out of it. Effects 7,19 and 32 were the only decent factory settings out of a possible 80! It hasn't got too many controls and I keep finding new stuff like drum beats and a guitar tuner in the pedal. It only took me 10 minutes to create the effects for the intro of 'And she told me to leave' by Lost Prophets as it is easy and logical to use.