RP100 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP100

I use this hooked up to either my Ibanez or my Strat and they both sound awesome. I also plug in my Line 6 expression pedal for the manual wah Whammy or volume swell settings. I like that you can plug headphones into it for quiet play or run it to your amp for shows and things.

I usually play the heavier and faster stuff like avenged sevenfold and disturbed. It really brings out the dark crunchy tones I need for that kind of music without getting the crunch to drown out the faster higher notes I play. I have played for about 4 years and this is one of the best pedals I have had. If it were stolen I would either buy a replacement or just buy the RP200A since they are cheaper now then when I got the 100. I love that it has nearly unlimited combonations of effects you could create but I hate that if you have your amp model set to one that clashes with your amp you get horrible feed back even when not playing. This is a great pedal the only thing the RP200 would have on it is the built in expression pedal, that at least saves you sixty bucks.

I would highly suggest the power source to use with this, it runs off of 6 AA batteries and they die quick. It's durable and can take some beating but with all things it can break if your to hard with it. I would do a gig with it for sure but you should always have some kind of back up. There is no telling what would ever happen.

This effects box is amazing. I actually own the upgraded version which is the RP100A. It has 40 preset factory effects, 40 slots for Editable user effects and 40 preset artist effects which are actual distortions that rockers use (i.e. Dan Donegan - Disturbed). It sounds great with whatever you use. The user effects are simple to program yourself to get that sound you really need. The manual is easy to follow, anyone could use it. Really nice sound and fun effects.