RP100 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP100

Purchased from: a friend

I'm using a Gibson SG, and a Kramer Imperial through a Crate GX2200 and a LS 4x12 cab. Most of the factory presets are too digital sounding, so I went through and created a huge variety of distortion presets. The built in noise gate is really great though. The list of things you can mess with include: pickup/wah, compressor, amp model, equalizer, cabinet/mic/gate, effects, delay, reverb. It also has a built in tuner, and a drum machine with 30 different patterns, and a knob that configures the tempo. Great for jamming by yourself. I've been trying to get some Andy Laroque sounds from King Diamond, or any Maiden. It also has a great high gain, good for harmonics. Some of the distortions can sound a little fuzzy, but that can be fixed.

I play mostly metal, and the RP100 works perfect. Though it would work perfect no matter what style of music it be. Though I'm considering upgrading to a PODXT Live. If this was lost or stolen, I would definately buy a new one, except I would get the RP100A, artist edition. I love everything about it, and theres not much to hate about it. Though I did wish it had different channels.

This little device has been passed down from a friend, and I continue using it. This processor is very reliable, though I haven't used it for any shows, I definately would. For shows, I just use the distortion from the head. But I constantly use it, whether it be at home or practice.

Well at first this thing was really confusing because, it has 3 little knobs, you have to read the list and find which knob messes with which effect. Once you read the little manual, and just mess around with it a little bit, you get the hang of it. Messing with the user presets can be pretty fun, there's so many different sounds and effects, that its hard to find which one you like. There's even a site where people can put up a patch so the user can go through and add those effects to his processor.