RP100 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP100

Purchased from: a friend

I'm running this through my Michael Kelly Patriot Q guitar, and a 15-Watt V-Tone Behringer amp, and despite the amp being old and beaten, this pedal sounds pretty excellent. I keep the amp on clean, because if I turn on the amp's distortion with this, it gets too muddy and the effects can't be heard. But this thing has delay, chorus, reverb, flange, phaser, and more. I don't even know what half of the effects are, but they sound hella tight, and it's super easy to adjust the effects accordingly to match your tone.

I play a lot of genres, from rock to blues, flamenco and jazz to metal. This thing can cover pretty much any genre you want, if you know how to operate it well. I've been playing for almost 4 years now, and have never really had the budget to get an effects pedal like this, but now I'm loving my new tone with it. If lost or stolen I don't think I'd buy the same one, but I'd save up for one of these with an expression pedal. Excellent product, but I would definitely like the expression pedal built in.

I haven't gigged with this yet, so I'm unsure of how it would hold up. The durability I don't doubt would be excellent, since it has a rough metal casing, but my only qualm with this pedal is the 1/2 second delay between switching between presets. I haven't figured out yet when to hit the pedal to time it right, but it's not horrible or anything.

I bought this pedal from a friend at school recently, and instead of giving me the original manual it came with, he wrote out a sheet of some of his favorite presets. I had to figure out the effects and controls on my own. But to my surprise, this thing is pretty easy to figure out. After playing around with it for a few minutes I learned how to do pretty much everything with this pedal, and it's been amazing.