RP100 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP100

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This multi-effects box can get noisy, but that is the supposed point of that effect. The effects sound great in almost every effect (preset), the thing that bothers me is that some effects are essentially the same as others with a minor change. I can get the sounds of many metal guitarists as some jazz guitarists. My favorite effect is the detuning, saving me the work of tuning to drop C.

This multi-effect pedal is perfect for my type of music (metal, jazz fusion) and also sounds good with other genres. If this were stolen/lost I would most likely buy the updated version with the expression pedal. My favorite feature of this multi-effects pedal (as I've mentioned before) is the detuning effect.

This multi-effect pedal seems to be pretty darn durable, it feels like it would survive a moderate drop that occur in everyday life. As with most electronics, it isn't built like a tank, so don't go throwing it off staircases on purpose. I would gig with this without a backup only because I don't own any other multi-effect pedal.

It is quite easy to find a good sound that you'll like, considering the fact that there are 80 preset effects. The manual that is included with this model is very helpful and only takes a quick overview to grasp some concepts of this pedal. Editing your sound is fairly simple after a quick skim through the manual, or after toying with the controls of the pedal.