RP150 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP150

The RP150 comes out of the box with with decent sounding presents but nothing that sounded amazing or used this boxes full potential. Like any muliFX processor you have to take your time to get used to the controls and tweak the sounds to your liking. Once you make your own presents this pedal really shines. The acoustic modeling was also a very nice surprise as it sounded very full bodied and warm compared to most acoustic simulators. The distortions on this pedal are definitely a high point. The clean sounds can sound very dry at times, but with a little tweaking you can get pretty decent sounding cleans from this as well. Over the sounds on this pedal are way above average, especiall for the price range.

Overall this is a great little pedal for the price. The USB capabilities really make this pedal standout amongst the others in the price range. Although this can't really compare to pedals in other price rangers this is by far the best, most affordable pedal I have ever purchased under $200. It is definitely worth twice the price. If you are looking for a good practice pedal, or computer recording pedal this is a perfect choice for you if you have a tight budget. I would highly recomend it.

From what I can tell this is a very sturdy pedal. Although it is plastic, not metal, there are no loose parts and everything seems to be put together very well. I would be comfortable playing a show with this without a backup. No problems with the durability of this pedal.

I got the RP150 to use with my small practice amp in my college dorm. I found this small gem and decided to get it due to the price and staggering list of features. This is a pretty simple product to figure out, just spend a few minutes in the easy to use manual and your off editing your own sounds. The USB connection also opens up the possibility of editing your sounds from your computer! This is a fantastic bonus feature for the price and is extremely easy to use. I downloaded the software, installed it, and was editing my presents within 10 mins. Overall this is a great, simple little mulitFX pedal perfect for anyone on a tight budget.

jeffo46
    I had this pedal,and recently got rid of it.I did not like the tone that was coming out of it.It sounded too sterile,plus the instruction manual needs to be more detailed.I'm back to using a RP50,which I think,is a better sounding unit.