RP150 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP150

Price paid: C$ 149

Purchased from: Long and Mquade

The DigiTech RP150 has many effects that are easy to use and control. The Wah is horrible but other than that the effects are great. One of my favourite features of it is that it has detune and pitch shifter so I can get to low pitch tuning without having to tune my guitar. With just after several minutes of fiddling with it I was able to get a close sound to Paul Gilbert and a spot on CKY sound. Of course the overall tone isn't really amazing but you can get some pretty nice sounds out of it if you know how to edit settings.

I play anything from Death Metal (Dying Fetus, Deicide, Origin) to shred(paul gilbert, Buckethead) and it works well for any genre because it is very versatile. I have been playing for roughly 4-5 years and my current Guitar is an Epiphone LP-100. If my rp-150 was stolen or lost I probaly wouldn't get another one, I would probaly just save up for some single pedals. What I love about the RP150 is that it is very versatile and I can go from Death Metal to acoustic in the press of a button. What I don't like about it is it's bad tone and I would never use it for recording because of it's tone. I wish it would have an expression pedal with it and a mic input.

About after 1, one of the foot pedals became occasionally jammed but somehow I don't have that problem anymore. I probably wouldn't gig with it at all because it doesn't provide a sick enough tone but if I would gig with it I would probably bring a backup just in case.

Starting off it was easy to use because it came with many nice presets. Making my own presets were easy after briefly skimming the manual. When I got it, it had firmware 1.3 so I connected it to my computer, installed the software and upgraded it to 1.4. Also DigiTech has this wonderful free program called X-edit and with that rogram you can edit presets using your computer.

pajogeri
    can u plug in any expression pedal into the rp 150? or does it have to be a specific kind?
    zillafan74
    I was stuck asking myself that same question, and yes it can have a the pedal plugged into it. No specific is really needed, or so I've been told.