RP150 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP150

Purchased from: Music Arts ( delaware)

I am using an Ltd M-2 (in my avatar) and a Peavey Tracer through a Randall Rx20d. I do not find it overly noisy. No more than when I just used a regular old distortion unit. I use various settings my favorite effects to use are. The direct model cabinet, the mesa amp model ( gain at 70 and level at 65), I use the DigiTech Chorus model ( 25, 70, 0), noise gate ( 82, 0, 0), Room reverb at ( 60-75, 80, 35. Sometimes I use the Ds1 distortion model at ( 0-20, 50-60, 99) I like the that sound, but also add the flanger and delay. I don't realy use the other effects much I am mostly into older Kiss and George lynch in his dokken days and older Motley Crue. I can get the sound without much of a problem on them. I think the mesa REC model is great, The Marshall Sl model is also pretty for classic rock like skynyrd. The only distortions I really like are the tube Screamer and the ds1 model. The choruses, reverbs and phaser all are as good as most pedals ( that wont break the bank). The flangers are decent, but I will say that the Boss is much better if you use lots of flanger. Sometimes I will use the built in reverb in my Randall instead of what is on the amp.

I am mostly into older Kiss and George lynch in his dokken days and older Motley Crue. I can get the sound without much of a problem on them. I have been back playing about 10 months and have my gear on my page. Depending on what I could find one for I would buy one. I doubut I would pay the new retail. I would probably go one step up, but under $100 it is worth it. I compared it to other products and it was the best for the money. The only thing I really don't like about it is not being able to just go from clean to distortion without having to Switch pedals. THe three bottom one has that feature, but other than that it's good.

I have never used it Live, but it seems like it would hold up pretty well. I would probably have a backup at a gig, but this should cover you. It is much better than the previous versions. Another thing cool is you can edit this on your computer with a usb cable after you download the software ( it comes with it new) at DigiTech.com You can then get a freeware program like audacity on the web and record with it.

I got mine used with no booklet and my internet was down a bit, so it took me longer than average. Once I figured it out it is pretty easy to use. Most people with any type of reasonable intelligence should figure it out pretty quick. Editiing patches is as simple as using pedals once you learn how in the manual, which is very easy to folow.

GuitarShredder+
    Tinycinerator wrote: does this need to be pluged into a computer to work?
    nope. just the ac/dc power box it comes with. Then connect between your guitar and your amp, and you're good to go! this processor is amazing
    StormLexer
    I havn't even had mine for a year and the right pedal is breaking. So i'm planning on upgrading soon. It was good while it lasted. And to the guys who say it can't pull off metal, I say: bullshit.