RP155 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP155

Purchased from: Guitar World

I'm using a Squier Standard Strat or a twin Humbucker Les Paul copy through a Raven RG20 Amp without any problems at all and it Sounds Great. I originally bought the effect before I had an amp and plugged in my remote speakers for an I-POD or head phones (1/8 jack) which worked fine for practice, until I bought my Amp. You can also run the system thru your computers speakers. I can Achieve any Sound imagineable with this effects pedal and it's easy to operate, Once I went through the instruction booklet.It goes through each different effect then gives you each option to adjust the individual parameters. It's easier than it sounds, and if you use your computer to program, not only is adjusting a breeze, there are a few extra options available. I enjoy using the effect to simulate all the different Amp heads and speaker cabinets to create dozens of Vintage sounds.There are also tons of different distortion pedals as well as all the other effects.The combinations are endless but easy to adjust. There is also a drum Machine and a metronome built into the the pedal so you can play along and keep time. There are several settings, Rock, Metal, Jazz country etc. And each of these have several different samples as well as being able to speed up or slow down. What makes this pedal effect better than the RP150 and some others is the 20 second looper. I can play a blues pattern a riff or rhythm pattern, and it will repeat so you can jam off it. The only drag is you can't use the drum Machine with the looper.

I just started playing again after a 25 year absence.I still have my old Les Paul copy Metal Battle Ax, a DOD 250 distortion and an old Phase pedal. This DigiTech RP 155 was the perfect addition with my new Squier Strat.I can dial in any guitar sound I want or download a patch from someone else.I researched quite awhile and almost bought a Zoom G1 before a buddy showed me his DigiTech RP150. I bought the RP155 because it's the newer model plus it has the Looper. As long as I wasn't gigging out, I would definately replace this pedal if I lost it. It's perfect for practice or sitting around jamming. You can't go wrong for the price. If I could get just 1 more thing, it would be an expression pedal to use as a foot controlled volume or a Wah Wah.

I mostly use this effect setting in front of me on a table. The effect is made from plastic and does have foot pedals, but I wouldn't get carried away stomping on it. It would be difficult to gig with because you can only toggle up & down one pre programmed sound at a time. So to go from position 1, say, a crunchy rhythm to #8 a clean lead, you have to step on the pedal 7 times up. With some thought and planning, you might be able to use this pedal onstage. This pedal is perfect for messing around & practicing with. You can get 100's of different sounds and effects from this one low priced ($100.00) pedal.

This was my first Multi effect pedal. I am Extremly happy with it. The instructions are easy to follow and you can start jamming with the pre-programmed patches right away. There are 50 permanant & 50 that you can alter to make your own sound.It is pretty easy to dial -in each effect using the pedal or you can get a patch cord (I used an old Printer cord) and do it using a computer. By going on the DigiTech website you can download software to manipulate the effect with your computer. You can also check & upload any revisions or upgrades to the pedal. Mine was fine.

Anthony1991
    EpiExplorer
    Korg is better yeah, but cheap is cheerful here ;D
    Selin
    I hope this last longer for you than my RP70 did. The down pedal stopped working after two months and there was not much stomping involved... Oh and digitech costumer support is a bunch of dueches. Other than than it's a really fun pedal to mess around with
    98Timberwolf
    Looks like it would be a bit of a pain to edit on the pedal itself, at least compared to the RP250. But get the x-edit software on your computer and you're rolling.
    Anthony1991
    NHECOS
    Anthony1991 wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: Anthony1991 wrote: Korg AX5G anyday over these, they're made of plastic, or very flimsy metal made out of plastic, they sound Ok at best regardless of amp/guitar. At best i'd give it like a 6/7. It's good as a first multi FX pedal, but for anyone who wants to go that step further this pedal isn't for you Korg is better yeah, but cheap is cheerful here ;D The KORG AX5G is the same price, and is 10 times better, and hell of a lot more reliable
    x2
    malephik
    Anthony1991 wrote: The KORG AX5G is the same price, and is 10 times better, and hell of a lot more reliable
    I'm not sure about the RP155, I have the RP250 and the korg AX5G sounds awful compared to it.
    leftinflinflon
    Trinitron
    leftinflinflon wrote: I hate these things, make you sound like everybody else...bad idea, poorly made, unreliable, just get a marshall with some vlaves and a good quality guitar with some humuckers and the chicks will be all over you.
    There's a reason this guy bought this relatively inexpensive piece of gear. He probably can't afford a Marshall and a real Gibson.
    saint_berzerker
    I had one of these. Sold it and bought a POD. The pod xt is much better, but I miss the guitar harmonization on the 150. That is a great thing to have. I found the software a little clumsy and a pain, but most are....even the pods.