RP200 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200

Purchased from: www.musiciansfriend.com

I have a samick 7 string electric guitar and i play it through a peavy bandit 112 amp. There is virtualy no noise or feedback from the unit. The effects never cut out. I have no problems replicating the sound of my favorite artists: Pearl jam, Creed, Metallica, Pantera, Alice in chains, Godsmack, System of a down.

I play all types of music, but mostly I dable in metal. This is the perfect pedal for me. the talk box effect is great for recreating the alice in chains sound. All the effects keep those harmonic notes ringing. when effects are on major chords can be played with out that "muddy" sound. If someone stole it, I would hunt them down, tie their family to a water heater (assuming this scum bag has a family) take the thief up stairs, break his knee caps, and whip him to death with a guitar cable. Then I would take my pedal back, and go back to playing yellow ledbetter. It helps in making music. Basically it's great.

It is the most dependable multi effect pedal out there in that price range. I have played gigs with out back ups. It is constructed out of medal (not plastic like the Zoom 505) the expression pedal works like a charm, the sound never cuts out, there is no noise when switching to by-pass mode.

Getting a good sound out if it is as simple as plugging it in. The patchs are easy to edit (40 patchs can be saved) the expression pedal is reliable. The manual is understandable.