RP200 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
DigiTech: RP200

Purchased from: N/A

Well, about my rig and setup I would appreciate if some will laugh but then I've been earning with my stuffs. I use a Fender Classic Strat, 5 way switching with Seymour Duncan (single coil pickups of course).I hear some laughing because its cheap. I use the old Marshall Valvestate amp, I use this in live and in small room gigs. (Laughter increases!) Anyway, RP200 makes some noise. I don't know why, especially when turning the volume low on my guitar. I hate it. I have a Zoom 505 which sounds better than RP200 because of its ZNR feature. I don't understand, why its noisy. I have checked the power supply wires and the cords but nothing seemed bad.

I play alternative, rock, jazz, some thrash and gospel. I have been playing for almost 7 years. I still use my Zoom 505 because it sounded better that this unit. Sometimes I connect RP200 and Zoom 505 and have the killer tones from Zoom, use the RP200 as a volume pedal.

Hard and heavy but not the sound quality. I have dumped this unit but it survived. If I have been in the U. S. and have money, I would buy Korg AX1500 or the Boss GT-6 guitar effects because of their sound quality and superior durability that you can rely on.

The first time I used this unit was superb. It was so easy to use, you won't even need the manual to check it. Easy to edit patches and to store in different patch values. The only thing that I don't like in this unit is that the way we change/switch effects. Example is that I'm using a patch in the value 16 (a phaser souding patch) and then switch to value 22 (a wicked bright rhythm sound) and then go to value 14 (a warm delayed sound good for improvision and solo) you will go through some difficult stage, stomping on the pedals up and down. It's a waste of time and that you will be having a hard-time switching a current patch to another.