RP200 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200

Purchased from: pawn shop

My setup includes a 1976 Strat, new Squier Strat with staggerd 54 pickups, and a pair of 1965 Silvertone Hornets one setup for slide work. I run these into the RP200 into a stock Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. The effects are great as well as the amp sims I like the noise reuction in this unit as it is adjustable. AsI use all single coils what is noise to some is probably just normal to me.

I have played for over 40 years and have owned lots of vintage effects (they were new items then), several processers and to many guitars, amps to mention. The reason I bought this was: 1) I wanted a portable all in one unit that could give me great distortions, delays, with wah. 2) The price was right. 3) I knew I could trust DigiTech products. 4) It souded great in the store, and much better at home with my own gear. Overall would recomend it highly I like the head phone jack, the drum synth, and pitch shift, synth talk featues, quite fun to play.

I would and do gig with it.

This is a very easy to use unit, just plug and play will get very usable tones. As the facory presets are good. The editing takes some time not something to do on the fly but is easy and fun. Since I bought this in a Pawn shop it had no manual, I did go to the DigiTech website and downloaded it to printit. Very good website with lots of info and user settings.