RP200 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200

In its default state, the sound of the pedal is slightly annoying. Some of the distortion/overdrive effects are decent-sounding, but the others are pretty much bordering on sounding way to digital and annoying. But, like I already touched on, if you create your own effects using all the little buttons on the side, you can customize and create some really good sounding effects. You can create whatever sound you want when you mess around with it. When I use this pedal, I use it with a Strat going through a Marshall 250 DFX. I am pleased with the sound when I am using the effects that I have created.

I like to play a variety of music and this pedal has the potential to do it all. I blatantly disagree with the way the default effects were made and the way they were laid out but when you create your own effects, this pedal can sound very good. I really do like this pedal and in defeats the purpose of going out and buying chorus, phaser, distortion, etc. pedals because these effects on the pedal can sound so good. This pedal in default state would be about a 2 out of 5, but when you mess around with it and mold its sound, it becomes so much better.

I have never had any major problems with it in terms of the problem not being my fault. The digital read-out on the pedal can hardly be seen outside, but it's not really made for that I guess. Anyway, I've even dropped it on concrete several times (most of them were accidents) and it still works as good as the day I bought it. I would probably do a gig with it.

I have had this thing now for about a year and I have gotten the hang of it. In my opinion, the preset effects on the pedal are not very good at all. There were a couple good ones, but you had to switch through like five to ten others in order to get to another good one. It took me a while to learn, because I lost the manual, how to create my own effects. By creating your own effects, you can create a bunch that you like right next to each other so you don't have to switch through a billion effects to get to one you want. But, in its default state, switching in between effects can get quite cumbersome.