RP200 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200

Currently I am using a Mode four half stack, with a PRS se edition guitar and they work together great, you can really get asome punch with it. Although it has good sound there are some settings that just howl for me, but there is a noise gate option which helps alot especially when your playing loud. The effects on it including, Whammy, Wah, Yah, Vibrato etc. sound great and you can tune it to your exact likings. I find that the best sound from the RP 200 comes out of the clean channels and the tube amp effects.

I play heavy metal and rock, I would say that if your playing all heavy metal to go out and get a metal petal, but if you change it up from time to time this is a good product. I have been playing for 13 years and I own a strat along with 4 other smaller amps. If I ever had a problem and lost the RP200 I would probably go out and get the upgrade. One of my favorite features is the fact that you can pretty much do anyhting with it and the built in tuner rocks. I would say that this product is kind of like the Zoom 505 series, but better.

The RP 200 has a metal shell around, I have dropped it numeral times, but never had a problem I would and do trust this with gigs and I dont worry about a backup.

I have owned the RP 200 for about 2 years now and I have always had good sound out of it, a little on the dirty side with the distortion, but theres alot of things you can do to fix that. The manual was a great help when I purchased the RP200 without that your going to have a really hard time figuring out alot of the things this product can do.