RP200 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200

Purchased from: Paragon Music

I have used it with 3 guitars, my Jay Turser 200, Squire HH Standard, Squire Fat Strat, and my buds Epiphone LP Standard. All 3 guitars sounded awesome. There are several amp models to choose from as well as artist presets. They are all actually fairly close to the real sound. I am playing thru a Roland Cube 15.

I play a bit of everything, although none very well. I mostly just screw around and try to get a good sound or rhythm going. And of course scales scales scales. I played bass for a few years as a teen back in the '80s, just decided to get playing again and this time take it to another level. If it were stolen, I would hunt the sob down, and kick the shit out of them. If I didn't catch them I would definitely buy another or maybe an upgrade with a loop. This one doesn't have looping.

I am not sure if I would use it for a gig or not, but can't see a reason why I wouldn't. It can be a bit difficult to switch back and forth. If I had one sound I wanted to switch on and off ti would be fine. So far it is dependable and seems like it is well made. I have read some stuff about the adapter plug but so far so good with no prob.

This thing is extremely easy to use. I plugged it in and was playing in 5 minutes with over 100 preset effects. Not sure of firmware or how to upgrade or even why you would upgrade.

Alleffortsfail
    Ive been play guitar for about 5 years now and have gone through a number of digitech pedals, each one has been a piece of shit they sound so fake and even tho you van totally customize your tone it still has a totally fake sound. I work at a Sam Ash store for about a 2 years now and this pedal and many other DigiTech pedals are brought in for repair and shipped out to DigiTech to be repaired and people end up paying for the repairs that cost more then the pedal it self. If your looking for an amazing pedal look at a Line 6 DM4 Distortion/overdrive pedal, this pedal has met ever wish and tone ive ever needed.
    xxZeroxx
    I got one and i think its pretty sweet. It doesnt have a fake sound to it,if anything its one of the best sounding guitar effect pedals ive played.OK comparing it the the ZOOM 606 pedals,i started to get it,but that would have been a HUGE mistake.So i am very and allways will be happy with this pedal. xxZeroxx
    Cheeta12890@yah
    This device I got and before 9 months the lights started flickering on and off (without the plug in) and random distortions were used when I tried one thing. Everything got shocked and it started smoking, thats when I had to brind it outside (using gloves because it got soo hot), and leave it in the rain to shut it down finally.