RP200 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200

Purchased from: ebay

I have a Starcaster by Fender (NOT a Strat) with a Squier SP 10 Amp. Despite the cheapness of my setup, this pedal sounds great. The whammy effect is terrible, though. On normal rock distortion, I hear quite a bit of noise once I play the first note with it. Aside from that, I easily get pleasing sounds from this pedal. I play a lot of Styx and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and this pedal can sound good with that. The sound is good enough for a gig, but I just can't rely on it much.

I play mostly alternative rock and normal rock 'n' roll (some '70s-'80s and that kind of thing) And I love how great this thing works with it. I have been playing for about a year now, but both sides of my family had very talented guitar players, so this kind of thing comes naturally to me. This would be my first guitar accessory, but it sounds awesome with the songs I play. If it were stolen, though, I might try to find an RP250 cheap, but if I couldn't, I could settle for another one of these. I love how easy it is to use once you customize all the presets. My favorite feature would have to be the phaser effect. I just like this effect in general, but it sounds awesome, especially when it is on a faster setting in high gain. Again, the whammy effect is just awful, but I never need to use it anyway. Overall, I'd say it's a good buy, especially for beginners. More experienced players might only use it in practice, but if one thought he could rely on the sound, it would be ok to record with, too.

It looks to be a pretty durable little device, but I don't think it would be good to gig with. You have to reset and re-store some of the effects a lot for it to sound right, so if you wanted a flanger, it might do a regular rock distortion instead when you Switch it. Very frustrating, but it sounds awesome when it finally starts working right. Maybe it's just my pedal, or the power supply, that I bought used.

I'm new to guitar effects, so I found this pedal kind of hard to use without consulting a manual. Once I got the basics of it down, though, it became quite simple. Editing different effects is made pretty easy by this pedal. Like I said, the manual comes in handy when you use it. I think something is messed up on some effects, like the flanger. Sometimes, I go up to use the flanger effect, and it just plays as overdrive/distortion. I have to go to something else and come back to the flanger over and over again before it actually works. I am having to constantly reset the effects and store them again, which is extremely annoying. This is not the pedal for you if you don't have much patience. I'm only using it for practice, so I'm ok with it.

driggsi424
    The wah is really the best part of this unit. If you want good tone and distortion buy a good amp..dont waste money buying effects units for your ibanez and squier amps.
    ironmaidenrulez
    i got this I use it with a Digitech death metal, and mainly use the expresion pedal, and accoutic settings when needed I got a Dean ml, and Razorback, and i play it through a Fender bass amp, and it works a treat, it sounds gorgeous, and i would never wanna get rid of it. I love it