RP200A review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200A

Purchased from: Mountain Music

In just a couple of minutes I can make my Squier Strat and Squier SP-10 amp sound like the guitar in songs like peep-hole and lateralus and such. I can make it sound like an amp in another room and be right beside it or sound like its blaring and have it quiet. The effects are exceptionally well except for some like wah and synthasizer. Those few effects are limited in use and control but do sound great. Even though I give this pedle high praise, it doesn't sound as good as an Iceman 400 with Marshall mode four half stack. Oh well.

My overall Impression blown away! I have always had succsess in doing whatever I want with it and have always enjoyed it's sound. Really the only and extremely annoying problem is how it only has 40 presets that I can make my own, the other 80! are completely useless and a major waste of space and I absolutely despise them! If it was stole I would mabye buy the DigiTech RP200, not the artist version in hope it had more presets that I could change. But I would probally not buy it again because it was on sale from its original 420. If I had more money to waste at the time it was stolen I would buy the RP400. I wish this had more memory for me and more control over the effects.

I have never had a problem with it. I could probally through it down thew stair and it still be mint (like hell I'm trying). I would use it in a gig because it is so simple to organise the effects and could just set it up for the show.

The Ease of use of this pedle is great. I have made all of my effects for songs that I have written and for System of a Down and Tool etc. songs I wish to play. I never even looked at the manual exept to see which artist made a preset. My friend however read the manual and got very mad at me and jelouse because he just spent equal on a Zoom pedle which is 1/4 as good in all catagories.