RP200A review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200A

Purchased from: Guitar Center Rockville

I use mine with a Roland Cube 15 amp. Very tiny I know. But I use the pedal with a drummer and you can hear it fine over HIM. The only settings this pedal is noisy on are the ones me myself created. It gets alittle bassy on one of the Incubus settings only if you turn it up really loud. Most of these effects sound great. Altho some, like the angus settting are just not beefy enough for me. I get a lot of various artist sounds out of this pedal. For instance I can get Metallica, Incubus(already on there), GN'R, AC/DC, Korn, Def Leppard, The Darkness and many, many more. My favorite distortion setting to use is probably number 118 (sorry don't know the name). I use it a lot for mic'd blues recordings. My favorite chorus setting is the Incubus 2.

I mostly play heavy metal but I also play a lot of blues and this pedal fits both of those categories perfectly. I also like to play jazz and that works as well. I have been playing electric guitar for three years and acoustic for five. I also own a Wasburn acoustic/electric (it also sounds amazing with that), a Washburn Idol series electric, and an Ibanez RG2EX1 electric. I didn't ask a lot of questions before I bought this pedal and I don't regret not doing that. If it where stolen number one, it would not be stolen. Number two, I would chase the guy Who stole it down and beat HIM down with a baseball bat. I love everything about this pedal. I would have to say my favorite feature of this pedal is the expression pedal. You get such a wide range of sound out of that expression pedal. The only thing I hate about this pedal is that I don't have two of them. I compared it to a lot of artist pedals like the Scott Ian, Dan Donegan, Eddie Van Halen, the list goes on. But this one stook out to me because of the varying range of sounds that come out of this one pedal. The only thing that I wish this pedal had was lips so I could kiss it.

The durablility of this pedal is astounding. Any other pedal wouldn't be able to put up with the abuse that I put this pedal through and yet it sounds as good now as that fateful day that I bought it. I would definitely use this pedal on a gig without a backup. I'd be more worried about my little itty bitty amp not being able to be heard rather than this thing messing up.

This pedal is extremly easy to use. I myself am nowhere near a technical wizard, and this thing was very easy for me to use. On most multi-effect pedals the editing part is what I struggle with. The editing feature on this particular pedal is very easy to use and also very easy to get the sound you want out of it. Even though the pedal itself is very self-explanitory, the manual also helped me out alot. I find myself using the manual a lot for seeing what artist presets are on it and where they are. It is very helpful for that. My pedal has not been upgraded at all and I don't think it needs to be.

mysteriousmunky
    i cnt w8 until i get my one im sure to have fun and i will get a marshall mg50dfx aswell to get some gd tone