RP200A review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP200A

Purchased from: Reidys Music

I'm using the RP200A with a cheap Shine strat and a Washburn Baddog amplifier. The pedal is not at all noisy and can cut out any excess noise from your leads or amp by using the very handy sound gate. Some of the effects in the pedal lack a bit of depth and some are just completely pointless. The wah is probably the best effect and the expression pedal helps you to create the type of wah that you want. It has a series of amp models that are modeled on some of the worlds best modern and Vintage amps. The one that stands out to me is the Rectify setting. This model is based on the Messa Boogie Dual Rectifier and is perfect for the type of music that I play. The RP200A includes some signature settings of some of the worlds artists. Some are really useless, but there are a few good ones like the Dave Murray (Iron Maiden) settings and the Glen Drover (Megadeth) settings. I usually use this pedal to create the guitar sounds used in some of the songs I play in my band. Like the sound for Trivium can be made by using the Rectify samp model. The only one problem with the sound of the pedal is that some of the distortion settings sound a bit to "digital".

I play a lot of heavy metal and metalcore and I think this pedal is a good match, if you use the right settings with it. I have been playing just over 1 and a half years now and I own a crappy Shine strat and a Washburn Baddog, and I am saving up for a Gibson Les Paul. If this pedal was lost or stolen, I would defiantly consider getting another one, as it is a cheap pedal that does it's job very well. I like how the pedal is versatile and can be used for many different genres of music. The acoustic guitar simulator adds a good touch to the pedal and helps you to create a gentler sound when needed. When I bought the pedal, I was considering buying a Line 6 POD or a Zoom. After trying out the RP200A, I decided that I liked it and it fit my style better than the Zoom or the Line 6. The only thing I wish this pedal had is a USB connection on it so that you would be able to create patches fro it. Overall this is a good pedal for the money I payed for it.

This pedal is like a brick! It has been bashed around already and I have only had it a couple of months. I think I can depend on my pedal to do the job for years to come. It works very well at gigs and I have taken it to gigs without bringing any backup. The only thing is that I am worried about the expression pedal becoming worn at the joint, because it is already starting to creak.

I bought this pedal a couple of months ago. I heard some good reviews about how easy it is to use. When I bought it I was eager to get home and try out the pedal, which is what I did. The Pedal is very easy to use. You can add effects, change the amp model, add compressor etc simply by using the 3 knobs. I think it is very easy to get a good sound out this pedal because of how easy the pedal is to use. It came with a manual, but I have hardly read the thing to be honest. It is simple to understand, but using the peal is self explanatory really.