RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

I am running this bad boy through my Ibanez GAX70 and my Behringer GM-108. This thing produces no unwanted noise unless you have the pedal distortion over the amp distortion or the built-in noise gate is off. The effects are some of the best I've ever heard, and with the flick of a button or the turn of a knob, you can be at those effects, set the levels, the depth, regeneration; But it all depends what effect you use. There are over thirty built-in effects, my favorite being the Whammy. You can use the expression pedal on the side of the unit to control your Whammy dives and returns, or if diving doesn't float your boat, you can do reverse dives and go up to two octaves higher! It also has a nice Wah feature, and volume swelling, and if you really wanted to, you can turn effects on and off with your pedal.

I play metal, and this thing really gives me the high gain I need to bust out some killer riffs. It also provides shimmering clean tones, crunchy blues tones, and whatever other sound you could be looking for. You can seriously get any sound out of this. If it were lost/stolen, I would go cry in a corner for a few days. Then I would go buy a new one. I can seriously say that this pedal was a step in the right direction from those guys down at Salt Lake City. DigiTech's got another customer for life.

This is where I started running into some trouble-spots. The expression pedal on the side broke after one week of use. Probably something with the electronics though. That's okay, I believe it's covered with DigiTech's warranty! I wouldn't gig without a backup, but I'm sure I wouldn't use anything without a backup.

I can say with confidence that this is the beastliest little pedal I have ever set my hands on. The interface is quite user friendly and doesn't take long at all to get the hang of. The manual can help you get acquainted really fast if you don't understand how to use it by just looking at it. There are many types of distortion to Pick from, effects, drums patterns, it's all here!

wmx428
    pairing a new multieffect with a rusted pickup, old guitars will definitely cause you sound problem.... traditionally the thin digital sound. Solution? Use the x-edit software. Furthermore, dunno why some amp will sound weird if you use multieffects...