RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

Purchased from: Peru

I have been waiting for this pedal for a long time, and I gonna say that the wait is worth it! this pedal sounds amazing, if you compare with my old Zoom5005II, the sound make a great jump of energy and cleaning. This pedal also includes a large variety of sounds that will be set using the X-EDIT software that you must download from DigiTech.com. I play mostly Metal, hardrock, progresive metal, alternative, etc, through an Ibanez GRG270, and sound nice for now, I'm planing to change this guitar in a future, but sound great for recording using the USB connection. The wah isn't very accurate, but I don't need so much. The distortions sounds great and you can eliminate the noisy while you aren't playing using the noise gate, the delays, chorus, etc are awesome too.

This pedal suits my style perfectly, the metal patches that I can edit, makes RP250 great for distortions. I have been playing for 5 years and I haven't change it for a long time. I love the size, the metal chasis, the construction of the wah pedal, the distortions, the FX, etc. Great pedal for 200 dolars.

I haven't tried Live, but in the rehershals sound powerfull using a Marshall MG100, and till now, I think to use on a future gigs. The metal chasis, looks strong and it's a great feature, if you compare other pedals. I haven't tried Live, but in the rehershals sound powerfull using a Marshall MG100, and till now, I think to use on a future gigs. The metal chasis, looks strong and it's a great feature, if you compare other pedals.

Get the sound that you want, maybe dissapointed, I recommend to read the manual first, and understand all the parameters before start to play. Despite that the pach edit was very easy, just move the knobs to get de sound that you want. The manual explains every function well, I don't think anyone has problems. The firmware version it's 1.9 and I hope that DigiTech release later versions.