RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

Price paid: A$ 350

Purchased from: Guitar Paradise

I used this with my Squier Strat and a little Fender Frontman amp. It sounded pretty decent, not too digital. But when I upgraded my amp (Line 6 Spider III 75), I found that the amp simulators sound a little too computerised if you know what I mean. The individual effects though work a treat if you use it like indivudual stompboxes.

I play good ol' fashioned rock 'n' roll and blues, but modern stuff too and it's pretty good. Like I said, I don't use the amp simulators because the Line 6 amp is pretty sweet sounding (digital too) but the effects are sweet. I really like the wah (although I'm a little heavy footed and hit the toe switch sometimes but I think you can calibrate that anyway). Overall this too me is a really good investment to anyone Who is starting too play and wants to investigate new sounds and effects. I've been playing for 4 years now and still love it (especially the AC'DC preset). Damn sweet multi effects unit if you ask me.

Not as sturdy as a Boss (tanks) but still solid. I only use it at home so I've got no real gigging experience but I have no issues. I am sure that it would last ages, although the knobs are getting a little loose when turning (not as much resistance when new). This is just because of use and don't see being a major problem.

This was one of my first pedals I bought. As a begining guitarist, I wanted something that could show me a large amount of what was out there in terms of effects. This was awesome. So many presets and the ability to save 60 of your own is good. For someone Who didn't know much about pedals this was easy to use right out of the box. Pretty straight forward to save your settings too. Manual is very comprehensive too.

k2pblcnme
    I've had mine for about a year. Its perfect who's looking for quantity over quality of the sounds, but I'm not saying it doesn't sound great. I have a Schecter Omen 6 and a pretty weak Peavey, so I really shouldn't expect much. But my friend has a Boss ME-50 on a similar setup and it sounds way better. I'd reccommend spending a bit more green on a Boss me 20 or 50. The wah seems to be to wide and the whammy setting sounds way to digital, which has been a problem historically I feel with DigiTech pedals.
    theirishcreme
    If one of your pedals is stuck, take it to someone who knows how to solder and swap out the switch. Easy fix (you could even upgrade to a more durable switch while you're at it). The expression pedal might be a little more challenging to fix, but someone with the proper know-how could get it done quickly. And to the person who said "the AC adaptors suck...": does it not convert AC to DC to run your unit? That's really all it needs to do I think... I've had mine for over two months and have no complaints at all. The unit is even easier to work with when connected to a PC. I love it, and think it is well worth $150. Just don't stomp the thing to death and you'll be fine. Realize there are only very small switches underneath those pedals!
    poplars
    I totally agree. I know how to solder and I've fixed many things for myself this way. all the problems I hear people complain about this pedal is due to either 1. people not uxing xedit to make their presets good for their setup or 2. them not even trying to fix something themselves. things require a little tweaking when it comes to digital pedals, but if you stick to it, they will sound great. plus they sound best out of a good amp.
    ZeppelinRulez77
    I bought this today and it blows away the effects built into my line 6 amp. it has every effect that I was gonna buy seperatly, which saves me a lot of money in the long run.
    Danielmgardner
    Zoso518 wrote: This is an awesome effects pedal. I bought it a couple months ago, and I use it every time I play. But one of the pedals that switches through the settings broke but i fixed it by taping it down and it still works. its a great investment.
    This is a REALLY good pedal! and my left footswitch broke aswell... wstill works though... 8)
    Fenderplayer93
    So what presets are there for certain players/bands? Any Van Halen? post me back on my page, or here...