RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

Purchased from: Hotlicks Guitar Shop

I am using a Squier Strat, or Charvel, through a Fender Stage 1000. I am at 1 on my volume, and all my EQ's on the amp are at 5, since the pedal takes care of them. The effects are just phenominal. I really liked the flanger. I am working on getting the perfect tones of my favorite guitarist, SRV, EVH, etc. I have almost got Panama by Van Halen perfect. There is just so much to mess with on the pedal! I am not big on the high end chorus, so I was very happy when I saw that you can have the freedom to change the speed, and level of the chorus effect.

I play all kinds of music from the blues to heavy metal. This pedal can match them all. I have only been playing for about 2 years. I have a lot of gear. I have a Squier bass, 2 Squier Strats to play (One of them are my bro's, never plays it), a Charvel, a Pearl Drum set, Fender G-DEC, Fender Stage 1000, all beginner materials. I really considered buying a new guitar, but this wasn't going to put a big hole in my wallet. I really love how you can edit the presets with ease, and the effects, and noise gates are just amazing. My favorite feature of the pedal is definately the noise gate. I do wish it would have came with the 2-in/2-out USB cable. You need to purchase one in order to plug it into your Mac, or PC. Other than that, this was a great item to get your hands on, especially if money is tight.

The pedal is very durable. I like how the steel on the sides are a dark gray/charcoal color. The footswitches are plastic, but can be messed with, they are very secure, and aren't going anywhere. I would use this to gig, but I'm not planning on that for a while. Only staying and playing until I get a little better, only 15 & teaching myself.

The pedal is very easy to get a great sound out of. All you need to do to change the preset is push down on one of the foot switches, until your desired preset is on the display. The manual made it very easy to understand the editing of presets. There is 2 little arrows to go through your Pickups, Distortion, Amps, FXs, etc. And then you can use the 4 knobs to change the level, style, almost anything. After about 10-20 minutes you will have this pedal down, and making your own presets to play. Just remember to press the Store button before you change your presets, or everything will go back to the previous settings.

hardrocker64
    go to the forum section at the digitec website. There are a ton of settings other users have already developed. With that said depending on your setup is gonna make a difference on how it sounds but gives you a good start and tweak from there.
    Fenderplayer93 wrote: So what presets are there for certain players/bands? Any Van Halen? post me back on my page, or here...
    JD89
    I managed to fix the pedal myself, it was really simple when I found what was wrong with it