RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

Most of the effects on this pedal sound great, and it comes with a sick acoustic generator, as well as some preset effects. The presets range from "Mr. Clean" to "Killer", giving a well-paid-for amount of choices to start out with. A lot of the distortions they give you are crap, and some tend to have way too much gain. With careful fine-tuning, I created my own drives and distortions that are okay, but for the most part, I buy a distortion pedal seperately. If you want the effects and are low on money, (and your amp has particularly sucky gain, like mine) this pedal works, though. The effects were good enough, ranging from Rotary speakers to just Reverb. Wah sounds pretty good, although may be too much for solos like in "Hit the Lights" by Metallica, or any other songs that use wah to accent the guitar rather than create a different sound. The signature musician effects it comes with are: Stevie Ray Vaughan, AC/DC, Metallica (Labeled sandman), Hendrix, Led Zeppelin. Forgive me if I missed some, because that was a breif scan over the effects.

This pedal was a good buy. I have it constantly hooked up to my guitar, (although for heavily distorted songs I use a Boss) and I have loved it since I bought it. I have yet to test out it's computer abilities and assume when I do I will be more pleased. It's a great buy for someone looking for a cheap multi-effects pedal, and surely has taken place in creating the sounds of the most famous guitarists today. I reccomend you buy one.

It's made out of metal! It seems like I'd be able to do anything to it but drop it and dip it in water and have it still function. It's very sturdy, and seems well put together and easily protected against damage traveling, touring, or on stage. I have heard the footswitches will break after time, but it has yet to happen to me.

This pedal is very easy to use, if you know what you are doing. It comes with an extensive manual. The controls; two footswitches, a wah pedal, four volume-like knobs, and four small buttons are labeled and easy to understand even without the grace of an awesome manual. Any idiot could skim through presets and Pick one they like, and creating your own sounds isn't tough, either. You just go to a preset that you think may help model yours, and change the Pickup selection, Wah, Compressor, Distortion, Amplifier, Equalizer, Noise Gate, Chorus/FX, Delay, Reverb, and Expression pedal to on, off, or whatever setting you'd like, choose a name and number for your setting (knocking the over-written preset up sixty numbers) and rock n roll. It may seem complicated now, but it's simple enough when you get it. My only problem was, when I was creating my own settings, I would accidentally knock the footswitch and, not only lose my own setting, but drastically change the preset it was modeled on. This happened several times after I had just bought it, and I had to reset the pedal memory several times as to not ruin anything. Through this I learned it is possible to custom-set the wah pedal button level, from easy to push to a meteor's force to get it to change to Wah mode.