RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

Purchased from: GuitarCenter

Sound is great. Solid state or Tube Amps sound similar when hooked up with a DigiTech RP250, which maybe good or bad. Guitar wise, they all sound very similar connected to this device since it is an digital procesor. But different type of pickups truly get noticed. Cant say that distortions here are top of the line, but you can get some great sounds. Reverbs, choruses, and delays are top of the line. The Lexicon chip is great, truly gives those effects a vibing tone. For the price this is awesome, I've used it Live lots of times, and I've never been dissapointed. You can go from Van Halen tone to Ritchie blackmore to Angus Young to Wes Montgomery in just one flick of the pedal. As always if you spend enough time fiddling around with settings you can get much better tones than factory ones.

This is good for all kinds of music. If it were lost I would get another one, but probably somthing bigger, but DigiTech never the less. My favorite feature is the stomp wah Switch, add wah to any effect just by pressing harder on the expresion pedal. Overall worth it's money, go for it if you are considering it.

You can depend on this. I've used it on gigs, I've never had a failure or so. Watch out though, it does not use battery only power source, so this can be troublesome if you do not have a power source nearby. But since your almost always near the amp you use it's never really a problem. The only thing I had trouble with was the power adapter, it broke but it was my fault because I did not store it in a proper place. If this happens to You be sure to get the same amper and voltatge power source if not you will get feedback.

Very easy to use, I never felt compelled to use the users manual to learn about anything. The only trouble I had at first was using it's USB features, but at DigiTech.com you can get all the info you need, very easy from there on. The X-Edit Software, which you can use to edit your effects from the computer is truly handy, and very easy to use which makes the DigiTech RP250 very user friendly. Adding custom patches found on the web could not have been more easy, just click on the patch you downloaded and X-edit software opens up and it loads onto your device the new patch. Recording through the usb device is quite easy. Just download drivers for the RP250 from DigiTech's website and load up your favorite software. I mainly use Mixcraft 4 and Audacity which autmatically detetect your device and once you press record everything you play is detetected.

SGslinger
    I got mine for $119 US at American Music Supply. B stock but I can't find a thing wrong with it. It Plugs right into my Mac (via USB) and makes recording a snap.
    teknotard
    It's good to see this poted up on the site. I rencently uprgrade from the 250 to the 500(same exact thing just more buttonss). I will say it over and over and over again. This pedal is the best you can get for the price range. It deffenitly better then the line 6 models via the tone port and any of the spider 3's. I Would have to compare the actually XT to make that judgement. But it easily wins out in the JCM 800 and the Recto models. I dont know compared to the GT 10 but this blows the ME-50 out of the water. I own both the ME-50 and RP and the ME is very flat and un responsive. The RP has a huge full tone.
    aaaa-4 : tone sucker....thats all i got to say.
    And this is inaccurate. It will never be as perrfect as direct in or true-bypass but it does a hell of job. Don't be a tone snob.
    crimsonking82
    had mine for bout six months now.. no problems with it.. i download pre-made settings from digitech.com... some pretty good ones there.
    NNoodleNose
    s-o-u-l-f-l-y
    NNoodleNose wrote: the only thing I don't like about mine is how it switches into bypass... hitting both the buttons at the same time with one foot really takes some skill.
    LOL no it doesn't!