RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

I have played this on a Squier Thinline Tele, but currently I use it with a 2001 Mexican Standard Strat, unmodified (I.e. I didn't replace the pickups, neck, bridge, etc.) The amp I use is a Behringer 15 watt solid state amp. The Pedal is noisy on settings with hard distortion (for example, the Ibanez Tube Screamer model) when the noise gate is off. The only real disappointment in the sound is that so far, I have not found a reverse delay setting. I can get the sound of any song, by any artist. I play a whole lot of Eric Johnson sounds, from Trademark to Cliffs of Dover, to Your Sweet Eyes and Manhattan and Song for George. I also made a good Steve Vai (Bad Horsie, For the Love of God) setting. The acoustic model is outstanding. On some models, the volume isn't all the way up, but this is easy to fix.

I play every type of music, and this effects pedal is for someone that plays diverse genres like me, although if you specialize in a certain style, that's fine too. I have played for a little over two years, and I used to own a Dunlop Crybaby Wah, an Ibanez Chorus/Flanger, and an Ibanez analog delay. Now those have been replaced by this unit. If this was stolen from me, I would get another one in a heartbeat. My favorite feature is the looper built in to the delay. I was going to get a Boss effects unit, but then I fell in love with this. I wish it had a reverse delay, but the volume swell feature makes up for this. I would recommend this to anyone Who wanted a great multi effects processor at an amazing price.

I can depend on this effects unit because I have had no problems with it so far. I have used this at gigs with no problem what'soever, and will continue to not need a backup. It seems to be very well built, but I wouldn't purposefully bang it around. I always transport it in the original cardboard box, because it helps to prevent damage.

The DigiTech RP250 is very useful, yet very easy to figure out. It is really good for people Who play with a multitude of sounds (like a bandmember) Who wants to make their guitar lives a little bit easier. It is so easy to use and edit your sound, especially if you know anything about effects. You don't really need the manual, but don't throw it away, because if you ever get confused about something on the device, the manual can be used as a guideline.