RP250 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP250

I use it with a really cheap 120 watt Crate amp on clean and from it I can control any tones I want. The only time it creates noise is if you ad a Compressor effect then but the noise gate can cancel that out also. It has an amazing amount of options but I think the real value of this comes from creating your own tone channels. Some of the Original tones are really cool but creating your own make it much more personalized. I even use it for recording, so I can just plug straight into a sound card.

I play mostly indie, surf or punk-ish music. But however I like to experiment in different styles of music and this can give me the right tones for anything I want. I've been playing seriously for 5 years and this is my favorite piece of equipment. If I lost it, I'd have to buy another one because it's that essential to my equipment.

It is extremely durable and is made from metal, it has never shorted out or given any technical problems what so ever. The screen was looking pretty bad for a while until I realized you're supposed to pull the plastic protection off, and now it looks brand new ever since I have and I've owned it for two years.

This multi effect is extremely easy to use. The manual give great explanations and is very necessary. Soon after I purchased it, I ended up just putting it aside because I didn't really understand how to use it or how much it can be used for. It's very easy to get decent sounds because you can simple add and change the pre made tones.