RP250 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
DigiTech: RP250

Price paid: A$ 360

Purchased from: Barrosa Music

I was using a Vox Pathfinder with it and it made my amp sound better. You have to change the presets to get a better sound out of the distorted settings. The effects are really strong. You have to put the pedal all the way down. Its a pain because when you have the Whammy bar effect on you can't here the guitar much until you apply the effect. The clean effects are really good and give out a nice sound and tone. The distorted ones are good once you edit them but the factory ones aren't the best going around. The drum Machine on it is great and sounds better then most other drum machines.

I play heaps of rock and with my little amp it sounds amazing. I now have a Line 6 Spider IV 75 and I don't use this anymore because of the effects in my new amp. If you have a small amp and want to make it sound heaps better this is great for you. If it was stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again. I would if I didn't have my Line 6 because it makes shit amps sound great. The drum Machine is awesome in it. I still use it just for the drum machine. It has heaps of different beats. The looper is great for a small looper but you can do anything for more then 30 seconds. I would buy this just for the drum Machine and looper. If you have a small amp I would recommend it.

I have had it for almost 3 years and it works just like brand new. I haven't had any problems with all with it. The one thing is that I had to take a screw out to plug it into the computer but that was just my plug because when I got a different plug it worked just fine. I wouldn't use it at a gig because it isn't easy at all to change the presets unless they are right next to each other.

It doesn't have a good sound to it. It sounds really good on clean and most of the distorted but its not as good as having all of this built into your amp. Its not that easy to edit on the spot but you can plug it into your computer and its really easy to change the presets.

Mad-Mike_J83
    It's good for what it is, I have a review for this coming up more in depth. It would be better if the flash memory lasted as long as my old Behringer V-Amp Pro did - I've had to reset the damn thing any time I want to re-program patches.