RP255 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP255

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

I use a variety of setups including my own presets. The Wah could be better but its not bad. Some distortions sound the same and others are weak but there are some good ones. I find the digital amp heads to be more responsive but I use some regular cabinets. The equalizer is very wide ranging from -12 - 12. The noise gate, compressor, and pickup are effective. I use the Pick up single - humbucker to make my sound fatter. Like I said about the chorus/fx you can only have one at a time which is a real downer but you can have delay and reverb separately thankfully. The expression pedal is great and can be utilized and a variety of ways from amp volume to distortion lvl to reverb lvl etc. The sounds are not the highest of quality but certainly worth the price you pay for them.

Limitations are: the processor speed is slow(switching between presets), single fx, and lower quality sounds. I play punk, hardcore, and metal and I get satisfying tones. I've been playing for 5 years and I play this with a Jackson dinky and a Fender stage 185 amp. My RP250 got beer spilled on it so I bought this one, so as for the stolen question I'd have to say I'd replace it but I am upgrading to a Zoom g9.2tt. I love the price, hate the limitations I stated before, and my favorite feature would have to be the convenience of a all in one pedal. For the price its the best in its class and its no GT-10 but its worth every penny.

This thing is built like a tank and can be thrown around. The problem in durability is the buttons tend to jam every so often. I wouldn't recommend it for giging due to the limitations of the pedal but it is a great first step to multi effects.

This pedal is very easy to use and very user friendly. The effects(amp models, compressor, etc.) are in a simple layout and easy to use. The only problem with it is that with the FX you can only have one running at a time. I figured out how to use the pedal on my own and the only time I needed the manual was to do a factory reset.