RP255 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP255

I have two guitars, an ESP LTD EC-256 guitar, and an Ibanez RG770DX guitar. I run both of these through the DigiTech RP255 to a Fender Superchamp amp. The effects sound great untouched, and the rest of the sound depends on what you do with it. I like to play everything from Dream Theater to GNR to Tom Morello to Joe Satriani. On this box, you can make and store your own settings, and I have made custom presets for many artists, all sounding great. I have even successfully made an Yngwie Malmsteen setting. There are so many effects/amp simulations on this box, that I have created presets solely based on the equipment that the artists use.

I play rock guitar, sometimes ranging into neoclassical music, instrumental rock, and hardcore punk. I would recommend this box to anyone playing any kind of music. This box is one of the most versatile that I have seen ever. I have been playing for just over a year, and the aforementioned guitars and amps are my only equipment. I have never had any concerns or questions about this box, and if I lost it, I would buy it back. I love the number of presets, and I also love the endless amp simulations and effects simulations. My favorite feature of this box is definitely the ability to edit it. Especially using the X-Edit software. However, I hate the number of buttons on it. I have compared this box to many others like it, but this box is the best for it's price, based on it's versatility, portability, and the many sounds that can be made on this box.

I have never had a problem with this box, and if I was performing at a gig, I would not think twice about having no backup. This product has metal built into it, so I doubt that anyone would have durability issues.

The presets on this box are great to begin with, and the editing system is very easy to use (providing you have read the manual). The editing can be done either on the box, or you can hook the box up to your computer and use the X-Edit software that can be found on the DigiTech website. The only thing that is not easy to use about this box is the many knobs and buttons that are on it.