RP300 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
DigiTech: RP300

Purchased from: ebay

I use a Peavey Transtube Special 212, and a bunch of ESP and BC Rich guitars with it. It has a noise gate so it usually isn't noisy. Some of the EFX are bad, but generally they are all ok, none are horrid, and there are a lot, so lots of different sounds and options. I don't think it's very versitile, and unless your favorite artist have really fake tone, I doubt you will get the tone of your favorite artist. The chorus, delay, reverb, Whammy, EQ, and noise gate are pretty good. Just about all the rest suck. The distortion is horrid and nasal, not good for anything beyond blues.

I play, shred, metal, blues, classical, rock, and industrial, it works to help my amps distortion, but this thing has some of the worse distortion I have heard, don't use it! I have been playing for 3 years, and even though this works for what I need it for, I am lucky I don't have to depend on it! I wish I would of known about how useless a lot of aspects of this pedal are. If it was stolen, I would buy a rack mount system, because I don't like stomp boxes much. I would say this is one of the best multi EFX pedals, but this by far does not make up a perfesional rig. I wish it had better sound, other then that this thing is ok, and if used right can make your sound thicker, fuller, and have more clarity.

I did use it at a gig once, it didn't work very well. and froze when I needed it the most. I would say you need a backup with this pedal.

It isn't very easy, the presets suck for the most part, it took me about a month of messing with it to get it to sound good. The manual isn't very good. They replaced it with the RP300A, which isn't much better.

redwater
    i think all the rp 200 and 300 just about all digitech pedals ****en blow never own 1.....
    Explicit User
    i like digitechs stomp boxes, but i have never been a fan of the RP series.. i loved my GNX4 Though, and im kicking myself for getting rid of it..
    hellraiserharry
    I bought a used one of these as a first pedal and i got ripped !!! i could of bought a new one for that price!!! The Bass button got kicked out and it dont work proplery!! I have issues with the up and down and cab buttons sensitivity as well !! the amp models are not too good no matter how good u attempt to craft a tone!!! the cabs are a joke as well as the reverb! Basically this pedal could add a little magic but i wont ever endorse it! There are also power issues since i see the screen blinks anytime a knob is pushed!!Something is wrong with the output as well it dont sound too clear!!!
    danoshames
    this is the only pedal i have because i'm broke... but it works... fine. the bottom three foot switches broke, so i can't flip through presets anymore i have to manually get the sound i want by bending down and going through the menu. But still, it's nice. it has like every pedal you ever need in there but you can't bypass them right when you want. but it get's ok sound. so yeah, i'm happy with it, but i think it's because i've never had anything else besides it.
    george edwards
    Great pedal, the other comments are by people who work for the other companies. When you get one of these you won't have to buy all that other junk. I have tried a lot at music stores and I can always do it better on the RP300. I have been using it for 8 years and am still learning new things on it. The possible combinations of effects is infinite.