RP300A review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP300A

Purchased from: Friend

I'm using it with my Vox Pathfinder 15R practice amp and my Standard Strat. I was planning to buy a Gibson sg but when I tested the pickup simulator of the RP300 it was excatly like a double humbucker guitar. The effects of this is perfect, I had a Zoom GFX8 which lacked the power, but with this it's like a powerhouse. The wah would realy wah. The flanger would delay like crazy. But it had a little "bzzt" sound. Maybe its just my guitar, or my cable's. But whatever it is, the RP300 is perfect in sound.

My music is from blues to metal, and I must say this can do the whole lot. I just wished that I bought this before my crappy GFX8. If ever this thing would break down I'd definitly buy anotherone, but I usually like to switch to other effects just to see what kinda blends. I chosed this thing 'cause it had a high review on almost every site, and my friends say that its one of the best multi to get for 200 bucks and I must say they're right. I just wish it had more ring to it but for 200 bucks, damn it's worth it. Because of this I'm already a DigiTech fan boy. Maybe I'm gonna get the GNX series, heard they never fail.

Well, never actually went out on a gig with it 'cause I rely on box effects when out on a gig. The RP300 seems promising, but the express pedal makes me worry if it can handle the abuse. But no worries here 'cause I'm using box effects. I'm pretty sure I can go out on a gig with this thing.

You don't need to learn anything for this, just plug it in and crank it up, and that's it. The manual is just 20 pages which is helpfull, but you really dont need to read any of it. About editing, it's as simple as 1, 2, and 3. Just click on the select button and choose your desired effect by turnin the knobs which is way easy to do, unlike other products.