RP300A review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP300A

I'm using a Peavy Raptor and a Fender Bullet 15 for the amp. You don't get any buzz or noise, and the effect always sound good. You can get the sounds from Metallica to Hendrix. It comes with 40 presets. If you know the settings for any band just plug them in and it will sound great. The only thing that is kind of weak is the distortion. You can get some mellow distortion but from there it jumps to pretty heavy distortion. But the good thing is you can change the cab-mic setup.

I play pretty much anything I want to mostly metal and punk. I've been playing for about a year and a half. I have five guitars Peavy Raptor, Epiphone 1967 V, Aria ProII Cat, Jasmine 12 String acoustic, and an Ibanez 6 string acoustic. I would by the DigiTech RP300A again if it were lost or stolen. I personally love the Whammy pedal because I can get the perfect sound for Adioslave. I dont really like the fact that you can get an "in the middle" distortion sound. The only thing it needs is a USB port so I can download upgrades for it offline.

You can depend on it it hasn't failed me once for a year so I wouldn't be afraid of taking it to a gig without a backup. The expression pedal might get sticky but you can fix that with a little WD-40.

The DigiTech RP300A is so easy to use. Each knob tweaks each part of the effect, ex: delay-on/off, type, time, feedback, and level. You can customize everything and use up to 8 effects at the same time. The expression pedal is also great you can make a Whammy, wha, volume, gain control, reverb level, and vibrato level.