RP300A review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP300A

I am currently using my effects unit with my Les Paul through an average amp and the sound quality I get is outstanding. There is a huge range of settings to suit all styles imaginable all of which provide the same high quality. The sounds of all my most respected artists can be found in this pedal wether that's: Carlos Santana, Slash, Jimmy Page or Angus Black.

In conclusion I would put this product in a class of its own with only minor criticism. I have seen the update of this quality and am hoping these defects have been resolved and I was estactic to hear that it provides a usb socket for recording purposes!

I am also impressed with the reliability of this product, no impact seems to be able to penetrate it's robust exterior. Possibly the only problem I have experianced comes from the way the effects are stored. Even though you can create your own personal sounds and effects, using existing effects in collabouration with each other is a slight obstacle. This has only been a problem performing songs containg different sounds as changing one desired effect to another can be overtly troublesome.

When I discovered that I would be receiving the DigiTech RP300A I was a little dissapointed as I was expecting a Zoom multi-effects unit. However on opening the package my dissapointment vanished. Here was a far superior product. After running through all 80 different settings and sounds I was astonished that one product could produce so many professional sounds replicating those of all my favourite artists. There couldn't be a more simple, easy to use set up. I found all aspects and features of the pedal self-explanetary and the product contained an easy-to-follow manual as well.