RP300A review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 3.8 Poor
DigiTech: RP300A

Purchased from: Steve's music

I use an Ibanez RG Prestige and a Randall G2 series amp with it and it really destroys your tone. I bought a DF-7 Distortion Factory to get a nicer distortion because the one comming from this pedal is awful even with hours of searching for a nice tone, even with treble to max and no bass it still sounds too bassy. If you want to use an MT-2 or a distortion pedal with it it makes it hum very much. I only use it for the wah wah that is not too bad as long as you are using the distortion in the pedal, don't try using an external distortion pedal bacause the wah will disappear. The other effects are nice because you can customize them very much. I can't get any good Metallica sound and other rock bands.

I mostly play metal and rock and this thing does not even suit a song I could play. I've been playing for roughly 2 years and this thing is the worst pedal I've ever bought If it were stolen, I'd thank the guy Who stole it, beat the hell out of him to get my money back and then go buy individual pedals. I wish I had compared it to other productys like Boss' multi-effect before I bought it because it really does not rock. I give this thing a 4 because the look is cool and that the wah is decent and the chorus, flanger, phaser are decent too but don't ever buy this thing it really sucks your tone and it's not worth it.

I would not depend on it even if all my other pedals broke, I would use my amps distortion even if it sucks its better than the one in the pedal. Another fact is that when you switch the patches there is a one second break that cuts your sound. I've had difficulties with the pedals, things like the Switch that makes the patches go backwards did not work so I had to go 120 patches to get my patch. I really hate this thing.

I bought this multi-effect about 1 years ago and I really regret it because you cannot get any good sound from it the distortions in it sound so bad you could compare them to midi files (dramatisation). Editing patches is really easy with it thanks to the digital screen that shows you everything. The manual is really good, it explains everything very well.

slv
    for the people who are plannin to buy this pedal...dont...i mean dont get me wrong...this pedal is amazing no doubt..and the effects sound crazy..but wait for about a month cuz the digitech RP350 is coming out..and that is going to be unbelievable..go to digitech.com and check it out