RP350 review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 1.5 Junky
DigiTech: RP350

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

It's difficult to speculate on the sound quality, this worthless POS died after only two hours of use. What I did hear for the two hours I was trying to edit patches would have been impressive in a quality unit. Unfortunately, this is not a quality unit. Right now, Behringer gets higher ratings for quality than DigiTech gets.

Avoid this unit at all costs. Buy something else. I hope it doesn't get stolen or lost before I can return it for a refund. Obviously, given my negative experience, I have no plans to ever purchase DigiTech equipment again. I guess my next attempt will be to try Korg equipment.

It's unfortunate I can't give this thing a negative rating for this category. Since it died in the middle of my attempts to set up my own patches, I can only describe it as totally unreliable. Yes, it has a metal case, but apparently the circuitry inside the metal casing must have been manufactured and wired by some inbred mormons or hillbillies.

The "described" procedure for editing patches in the manual sounds easy. Unfortunately, the unit died before I could edit any patches. The manual is clearly written and easy to understand. The firmware revision is 1.1. I had to download the upgrade from the manufacturer's website.

Silky Smooth
    I've got nothing but praise for the Rp350, I own a few modlers theJ-station, the pod 2.0 and the Vamp 2... I used to favor the J-station now i've used the RP330 and it just KILLS. You must have gotten a lemon what a shame. Go get a new one and give it a second chance man!
    Jin12345678
    Must have had some problems after it was manufactured. Digitech effectors aren't all that bad. why would they make anything that would die out after only two hours of use? sounds like you have had some very bad luck. so you are getting a refund, right?
    eddiethedino
    well yeah i just got a digitech after christmas and it pretty much destroys all other procesers sooo i would give it a second chance or go get another digitech processer
    Joelshkn
    I got my rp350 around the beginning of January. I've had some troubles with this unit also. It didn't die or anything, but it has a lot of weird problems. Firstly it always freezes when I go to #53 or 54 preset. Some (maybe 1/4 or 1/3) presets don't make a sound, about 1/2 the effects don't make a sound. Funny thing, all the effects used to work. And it sometimes freezes when I am browsing through effects. However, when it works it sounds good.
    Joelshkn
    Ah. I have updated the firmware but have not done a factory reset. I'll try that and see how it goes. Thanks.