RP350 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP350

I use a custom flying V a Squier and a Fender Frontman 15G. The factory presets volume level is about the same all through the preset patches. Some of the presets are weak but it is always a bad combination of effects. It can always be fixed. I can get the sound out of Van Halen, Hendrix, Rhoads, and I don't really know any blues artists, but I have heard one patch that sounds just like it. The one effect I really like is the Pickup I read online that it changes your single coils to humbuckers. Not sure if it is true but it does make a difference in sound quality.

I play all the way from some blues to speed metal. This pedal is a great match. I have been playing for 2 and a half years and this pedal is amazing. I have gone through so many genre switches and this pedal has gone with me. If it were stolen or lost I probably would not buy it again or anything else because I don't have the money for two of them:D I love everything about it and hate nothing about it. My favorite feature is being able to use the pedal to turn effects on and off. I do wish you could have to input jacks for two different guitars.

I can always depend on it. I can always move it somewhere because it is very small and easy put in the case and walk around the house with it. Would I use it on a gig without a backup? Very good question, though for me it would depend on what effects I'm using and If I can get a better single effect pedal for that one effect, so I'm not switching a lot.

Right out of the box I was able to get a sound I liked just from the presets. Edited patches is almost easier to do on the pedal the through x-edit. The manual is amazing it explained using pictures and examples. It really talked me through it. The firmware number is 1.3 I think.

something_start
    no no no. your distortion for the rp 350 is bad. it sounds like it comes out of a computer, it has a hevey digital sound. everything that is supposed to be distorted on there sound pathetic. there is no good distortions, gates, wahs, on there. everything else. the cleans are decent but i would strongly recomend getting something else for distortions, anything else (almost). please dont get it unless you arn't going to use the distortions, or if you want that digital sound. you may not notice it at first but the sound will creep on you. i have had it for more than 6 months now and everytime i play it it sounds worse. none of the distortions or gates pic up artificial harms on most of the strings. MY digitech rp-350 ratings; quality: clean only; **** (4) qualtity: fx, chorus; **** (4) amount: effects; ***** (5) quality: distortion (any); (0) qualtiy: changing effects/presets; *** (3) qualtiy: tuner; *** (3) - you can't change from A = 440hz to 430hz ect. qualtiy: jacks; *** (3) amount; jacks (what you want); ***** (5) dont let the *****(5)'s fool you, all of the distortions destroy any hope of me ever wanting any difitech product again. i wish i didn't waist my $200 on it. thanks for you time.
    blackmelody85
    hey guys I've had the RP350 for about a year, but I'm having a problem...when I plug it in,sometimes it flashes the RP350 and then,instead of working properly,it says DRMUPD and just freezes there,so I have to unplug/plug it again repeatedly until it works does anyone know what to do?nothing like this is on the manual or anything...
    Kinslaya
    I think you all did not really go into the materia of that thing. You really have to figure it out. And thats not a thing of 30 min. It took me long time to "REALLY" understand what all the knobs, settings, parameters and etc meant, and especially what they did to the sound. My settings: Dist: Tubescr. /w much dist. (around 70) Amp: Plexi /w Gain around 85 Cab: CLS4x12 No Noise Gate, No Delay, No Chorus, LexAmb-Reverb. Sounds simply sweet. Loving it. To the one that said his presets dont work: Did you try pushing the exp-pedal down ? in half of the sets thats the volume, tough ... To the one who said his wah didnt work: You have to push the exp-pedal all the way down until you push its button, THEN the wah works. To the ones who said it sounds digital: Deactivate the chorus, because it always makes a cold sound. Without chorus its completely different.
    blackmelody85
    texicus wrote: blackmelody, have you tried updating your firmware?
    No effect there,I already tried it
    Zerolimitz117
    can i use a separate distortion pedal with this? i love my uber metal pedal, so would i be able to run that pedal through a clean preset on this unit and still keep my awesome tone, with the ability to add effects to it from the unit?
    cars463
    ive got a question. ive heard people say that the wah isnt great on this. is it possible to make a chain with the rp350 and the wah?
    goo94
    i think you can just chain pedals up (i hope your meant to, i do it all the time with my ds1 clone lol) shouldnt be a problem as long as its not much of a rise in volume, dont wanna overload it?? im not sure if you can fry it, it would take some doing lol still loving my rp350 lol