RP355 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP355

I have an Epiphone Les Paul that I use with it and it sounds great. There are no complaints about this at all, and it never gets too noisy for anyone. No problems with effects either, they always sound great, and never seem weak. I generally listen to classic rock, but do play modern stuff too. The Metallica effect is perfect, nearly exactly like Metallica live, and gives the desired sound. I turned one effect into one that sounds like Green Day, and that's pretty good too. I can generally get the sounds of Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, and other 70's bands from one single effect, similar to Rockabilly, but with some distortion and other effects. A Van Halen effect can be made with anything on delay. There's one with preset delay, that sounds close, so that's what I use. Finally, if working on anything Beatles, you can't go wrong with the Acoustic effect or the Pickin' effect. They are perfect for that kind of music. No complaints about any off the effects at all.

The classic rock style I like is perfect for this pedal, especially with the ability to select certain amps, many from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. I've only had it for a month, so the experimentation is still going on, but I've been playing guitar for 11 years now, and find it to be a great pedal, considering I never really looked into one previously. I would definitely buy it again, and have no regrets choosing this one. There is nothing to hate about this pedal, except some minor complications that the manuel or DigiTech could help you through, but the sound, effects, and looping is ideal for whatever you use it for. I highly recommend it.

This product is very dependable. I would definitely use it without a backup, but there are things that would concern me with live performances. Having to press two buttons to get to Bypass and eliminate all distortion for certain songs is tricky, and the only way to rapidly switch from a current preset to something that sounds clean. I find that several of the songs I play involve two presets that have 20 or so in between, so bypass is my only option. Still, I feel that this is very quality and reliable as an effect pedal.

The ability to get good sound is easy, and anyone can do it. You could take a really cheap guitar, say one that cost $100, and make it sound like a $2,000 guitar. It's amazing. The sound quality is great, and works well with all effects. Editing patches is something I haven't really done, so I don't know the difficulty of it with this Machine. I only got this a month ago, and have been playing more with the effects and looper features. Looping is fairly easy, but seems limited to one loop each time, and sometimes 20 seconds is not enough for what you are trying to loop. All in all though, a good Machine that is generally easy to use.