RP355 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP355

Purchased from: Hix Bros Music

With my setup, I'm currently using a Epiphone G-400 that goes into my RP355 and then to my Line 6 Spider IV 15. When using it, you get great sound if you play on the clean with all effects turned off except for a little bit of reverb. If you play on the other channel, its not that great because all they do is add more and more distortion. The pedal is only loud if you play with loud volume on your amp. With the RP355, you can get all sorts of sounds similar to artists including U2, Daughtry, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Pink Floyd, and tons more. Most of the effects are pretty good. One of my favorites is the DigiTech Whammy, which allows you to plays notes that you could only play on a 24+ fret guitar on a 22 fret guitar. Also, it lets you bend up and down so you don't have to use a tremolo bar.

This is a great match for all guitarists of all styles and skill levels. I've been playing guitar for four years and play rock, metal, and all of the subgenres that fall in those two genres. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy another one because all the other ones were out of my price range or not very high quality. Before I bought this, I compared this to the RP255, a pedal one model down. After comparing, I found out you get a lot more features for only $50 more.

I can highly depend on this pedal because its made out of very solid material and the electronics on it are great. The only thing people should be aware about is that the Tone Library Knob can break off very easily due to the fact that it rotates and can be pushed in.

The RP355 is a great guitar multi-effects pedal made by DigiTech. I got it for my birthday from Hix Bros Music for $199 and it was well worth it. Its really easy to get great sounds from out of it, editing patches is easier that ever, and its just a great pedal.