RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

I used a Marshall Micro (the 3 foot one, not the 3 inch one) and an Austin ERA Standard, before I upgraded my entire rig. It's pretty good with cutting down noise. How hard you work on an effect is how great your effect will be. It's in a much smaller preportion though. (it doesn't take much work to make a good effect, but the more work you put into it the greater the effect will be). It's fairly simple to match other artists' sounds with this small pedal, with it's built in effects such as a phaser, flanger, chorus, reverb, delay, EQ, niose gate, auto yah, and auto wah.

This is a great pedal for starting guitarists (like me when I got it). It's got pretty good effects for such a small pedal and price. I suggest this to all who are thinking of a pedal to buy (for there first pedal) it has the effects and sound of 6 or more pedals combined, with the price of ony one, it's like a buy one get 5 free!

I'd use it in a gig, practing, or just showing friends my stuff. Every once in a while I would have to buy a new one just for safety, but I've already upgraded to a GNX1. The one button fell in half way about a year after I bought it, but that's what happens in time (the button still works though). It does seem kind of week though, stucture wise.

It's really easy to get a good sound out of this small and compact pedal. The manual is a mini 20-some page booklet that's very discriptive. The effects are very easy to edit, and it has 80 of them. The screen can only fot 2 characters so all effects are abreviated, but it tells you what all the abreviations are in the manual.