RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Ted Brown's Music

I use and Ibanez GAX-70 and a Fender Frontman Amp. What I don't like is that the effects they have in there already are not equal in noise level so like, you could be on one effect playing something really loud and you try to switch to a different one but its way quieter. This can be adjusted ont he custom memory slots. It works pretty well with my Frontman amp. I got a Deep Purple sounding distortion tone from "Smoke on the Water" and kind of a punky tone. It's sometimes hard to find the right tone, but if you play arround with it enough, sometimes you find the perfect tone. The distortion is basically set by amp models that you choose from on there. Most of the effects are good. It even has a sound that makes your electric sound like an acoustic.

This is a good pedal. I would recommend this for a starting pedal, since It is cheap, but still provides quite a range of sounds. I usually play, hard rock stuff, or punk. Works for all kinds of music types though. If If it broke, I might buy another one depending unless I had money to buy a better model. I guess also you can plug in an external wah pedal too it, I've never tried it, so I don't know. Overall, this is a farily good deal for the price I paid.

I would trust this pedal for a gig. I wouldn't bring a backup cause it has never failed on me. The casing is plasticm but still strong, but I wouldn't stomp on it like one of those little single effects pedals. I used it recently at my school for a Chapel my class did. It even has a built in drum Machine so you can keep in time when you are practicing. You can also use batteries of a plug (not included) to power it.

The RP-50 is the first pedal I got so far. It get's pretty good sound most of the time. You sometimes have to find that perfect setting accoarding on what type of amp you are using. It has 80 effects storage spots. 1-40 and 41-80 are both the same except you can customize and write over and erase 1-40. 41-80 are preset adn cannot be changed. The manual is pretty self explanatory. I figured out how to use it pretty fast.