RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: Internet

I use a Squier Tom DeLonge Strat and a Marshall MG15CD amplifier, both weaker products but great gear for beginners as is the RP50. The noise gate feature of the RP50 is great, it does make my amp sound a bit better without the humming or buzzing of some other effects pedals. I usually only use it for delay effects because I have no delay pedal, I do like the delay sound, but for metal it's very hard to get a very good high gain crunchy tone (I use my DOD FX86 for that) but the delay as I said is very strong and clean and it's great.

It's a good pedal, not meant for gigs, it is great for beginners who want to experiment with various effects etc. Not meant to be gigged but for jamming with your friends its fine as long as you dont need to switch effects during a song, overall great for beginners but I definately wouldn't depend on this multi FX pedal at all.

I couldn't depend on this or gig with it. It's just too small and the pedals are so tiny you could easily miss one of the pedals. I wouldn't even gig with it period, I find this is a great little device to help you figure out what tone or effects you desire for your sound and to then go out and buy the pedal that works to get you that effect.

For me it was very straight forward 80 total storage spots, 40 for you and 40 for factory presets which can't be oversaved. If you aren't sure about what to do the little manual that comes with it is very informative and pretty much deals with any question you could possibly have.