RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

I'm using a Schecter Damien FR with the EMG-HZ pickups in the both positions, and a Marshall 30DFX combo. In the rectifier settings the pedal sounds particularly digital and unauthentic when turned up over half. The wah is weak and the Whammy doesn't hjave incredible range but it works. Chorus, reverb, and delay are exceptional. Not really breathtaking in mimicing other artists more of a make ur own sound deal. My favorite is the noise gate settings. I sometimes turn on the pedal along with my overdriven amp and use the noisegate to control feedback, and the controlled instability is great for pinch harmonics.

I play nothing but metal, and this pedal is far more suited for a rocky style. I have been playin for about a year and a half and I play bands like Black Label Society, Metallica (pre 1991), Symphony X, Pantera, and Megadeth. I also own a 10 watt Crate, a BC Rich Bronze Warlock, and a Jackson JS1. I pretty much got what I payed 4. I would definitely buy individualized effects pedal instead, if it were lost or stolen. As a recommendation I have played on a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal, and it is great for metal and blows this processor out of the water. It has an excellent mid scopp and shames this pedal in tone.

Absolutely reliable, never had a problem. If using a battery at a gig always have a backup, but with the power supply this thing would be concrete, but again, just don't expect gorgeous tone at loud levels.

The RP50 sounds very good when your volume is low, but go above half on your volume knob, and things start to sound really digital. Very good for editing effects easy to configure, and extremely good for lead effects.