RP50 review by DigiTech

DigiTech: RP50

Purchased from: SameDayMusic.com

I use the RP50 on a Behringer GMX210 with a BC Rich Warlock and a Squier Strat. I love thsi pedal because it can take my Strat and give it that humbucker sound that I like. But there are a few problems I have with this pedal. Most of the effects sound awesome except the envelope filter. Another problem I have is with the Wah. I think DigiTech could have beefed up the Wah on this pedal.

The RP50 is a good, affordable effects processor for a guitar player on a budget. One downside is that to control wah or Whammy you have to have a separate volume/expression pedal. If this pedal was lost or stolen, I'd buy a new one but I would also take a look at the Behringer X V-AMP before I made a decision. But this pedal is no waste of money. The best thing about to me is the noise gate and silencer functions. Before purchase of this pedal I strongly recommend trying out a X V-AMP by Behringer. But overall, The RP50 will keep youe practicing all night.

This processor is very dependable. It can be very versatile when playing at a gig. With the ease of making effects, you can change or edit your settings on the fly. I can and do use thios pedal without a backup.

The RP50 is a very Pick up and go effectes processor. Creating, editing, storing, and deleting effects is very simple with the four arrow selctors on the top. It comes with 40 factory presets and 40 user presets so it can be used right out of the box. The manual will assist you in knowing the abbreviations for the amp models, noise gate, effects, etc. But after about a week you shouldn't have to refer to it much.